What is PAP?
PAP is a 15 months preparation program for “Kenntnisprüfung” (knowledge exam) especially designed for international nurses.
This program prepares candidates in German language, subject-oriented language and knowhow of theory, practical training like internships in German hospitals. Intercultural competences will also be taught. The curriculum is coordinated with German ministry of health and social affairs (LAGuS) and conducted in cooperation with DAA (Deutsche Angestellten Akademie). The participants are eligible to do “Kenntnisprüfung” after successful completion of the PAP coursework. Having completed this exam, the foreign nurses are allowed to work as recognized nurse in Germany.
– German language (General + nursing – related)
– Nursing curriculum (hospital nursing)
– Internships in hospitals
WHO CAN APPLY?
– Completed diploma, vocational training, bachelor or master in nursing + official recognition as nurses in their home country (certificate or card of registration as nurse)
German hospitals face a lack of nurses.
“Already, there is a lack of personnel everywhere because in the past – for economic reasons – many jobs were cut and fewer nurses were trained. According to the ver.di trade union, 70,000 skilled workers are already missing nationwide in nursing. 40,000 additional specialists would be needed in geriatric care. And this problem will become even more severe in the future. According to forecasts of the German Nursing Council, 300,000 nurses will be missing by 2030.”
- Complete the application form and send across the required documents, wait for our International office /ministry of health to verify/proof your documents (3 to 4 Weeks).
- When accepted, students receive the IAS admission acceptance form. It has to be signed and sent back to IAS via email as a scanned copy (1 to 2 weeks).
- Transfer Fees
- Original admission letter via email
- Open Blocked Bank account in Germany
- Apply for Visa
- Once your Visa is issued, Pack your bags and fly to Germany!
Apply now with all your documents plus Hepatitis B Vaccination.
In order to get an admission to PAP all documents should be sent to us (email@example.com) in proper format along with our APPLICATION FORM. It is very important that students follow these rules and send their documents in perfect order for a smooth and fast processing. Documents that are incomplete or in improper format will not be processed for admission.
All application documents have to be notarized!
- PAP application form
- Declaration form (I apply through)
- English Language Proficiency Test Results (IELTS recommended)
- Certificate of Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Health Certificate
- Secondary schooling or equivalent (both: front and back page)
- If existent: Higher Secondary or equivalent (both: front and back page)
- Professional qualification certificate (Degree certificate)
- Curricular of the professional qualification
- If existent: consolidated mark sheets from the university or college (if coursework completed)
- If existent: individual semester wise mark sheets
- If existent: provisional certificate (note: we do not accept the course completion certificate as an equivalent)
- Photocopy of passport (front and back page)
- Extra-curricular activity certificates (if any)
- German language certificates (if any)
- Professional passport size photograph in good resolution (as JPEG, Gif, PNG,Tif-titled)
- Work experience certificates (if any)
- Registered Nurse – certificate
Candidates of PAP program are eligible to apply for equivalence as German geriatric nurse. The license is valid in Germany and other European countries.
Germany is in desperate need for nursing specialists, which leads to excellent job opportunities for trained nurses and healthcare professionals. There are many job offers on the German labour market at the moment.
– German language (more than 600 hours of professional language training)
– Tasks and concepts in the geriatric care
– Support of elderly people in day to day activities
– Legal and institutional parameters of the work of a geriatric nurse
– How to plan the nursing process, evaluation and documentation
– Internship in a nursing facility (stationary and ambulatory)
– intercultural and social training
FAQ - PAP
#1 - What is included in the PAP fees?
– Tuition fees
– Examination fees
– Educational books and training material
– Care and assistance durng the coursework and during internships
– Professional clothing
– Integration and social program
– Social care and assistance