About ICPF - Med
ICPF Med for Medical Doctors from Abroad
Intercultural Program for Freshmen
ICPF Med is a one-year study program, offered by IAS College and University of Allensbach, with the objective of preparing qualified foreign medical doctors for higher studies or for further specialization in Germany. During ICPF Med participants can attain credit points, which can be used partly for later Master Studies, depending on the choice of subject and university.
ICPF Med offers a wide range of contents. It combines theory with practical relation.
German Language will be taught from basics to advanced and participants benefit from a special training in medical terminology.
Much more than a language program: Intercultural integration, industry visits (e.g. medical companies) and observerships in hospitals belong to ICPF Med as well as an especially for foreign medical doctors designed medical module:
The Medical Module of ICPF Med includes:
– Basic vocabulary
– The German health system
– The anamnesis
– Physical examination
– The psychiatric exploration
– The patient presentation
– Apparative diagnostics
– Conversation among Medical Doctors/Doctor-Patient
– Intercultural communication
– Hold a lecture
– Written documentation (Case Sheet writing)
Further details about ICPF Med
Anyone who has completed his/her Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) or Diploma in Medicine/Surgery is eligible to enroll for ICPF – Med. In addition a medical registration stating to have the permission to work as a doctor in the country of medical studies is required.
To enroll, all required application documents should be sent to us to firstname.lastname@example.org, in proper formats (notarized documents, as single pdf files) along with our completed application form. It is important that the students follow the rules and guidelines set forth by IAS College for a smooth and fast processing. Incomplete documents or documents other than in the prescribed formats will disqualify you from the admission process.
Required application documents:
All application documents have to be notarized !!!
- ICPF application form
- Declaration Form (I apply through…)
- Accommodation request form
- Secondary Schooling or equivalent (both front & back page)
- Higher Secondary or equivalent (both front & back page)
- Consolidated mark sheets from the current University or College (If coursework completed)
- Individual Semesterwise Marksheets
- Provisional Certificate ( Note: We do not accept the course completion certificate as an equivalent)
- Degree Certificate (If applicable)
- Photocopy of passport (front and back page)
- Extra curricular activity certificates (if any)
- Language proficiency test results (Can also be produced before admission but a must for Visa Processing) (IELTS 5.0 or above, PTE, TOEFL, GRE, Cambridge tests are also accepted) .
- German Language Certificate (If any)
- Professional passport size photo graph with good resolution (as Jpeg, Gif, PNG, Tiff etc titled)
- Complete personal details (CV, Resume) as .doc/.docx file or any other editable format.
- Work experience Certificates (If any)
- Medical Registration
Upon clearing the final exam at the end of ICPF Med, students are eligible to apply for higher studies at German universities or to start their further specialization.
FAQ - ICPF-Med
#1 - What does ICPF-Med fees cover?
The Course fees for ICPF-Med include the following:
– Tuition fees
– Study materials
– Medical German
– Industrial Visits
– Examination fees (Final exam)
– Integration and Social Programs
– Care and Assistance
– Celebration Day during december (Weihnachtsfeier)
#2 - Can I do internships during ICPF Med?
No, but observerships are allowed and belong to the coursework. Observerships in German hospitals are an important part during ICPF Med.
#3 - I have completed Medicine in a foreign country. Can I work or do MD Specialization in Germany?
Medical Doctors from abroad have to clear an exam required as per
“Gesundheitsministerkonferenz”, if they plan to work in a German hospital.
Now if a foreign Doctor (not WHO black listed countries) wants to do super speciality (Facharzt) in Germany or do his MD specialization then, there is only one way: Work in a Hospital as Assistant Doctor for 6 years and then can appear for the Facharzt Exam.
#4 - Medical Doctors interested in pursuing P.hd in Germany?
In general when a medical student in Germany wants to get a DR. Med title, he/she needs to do a Ph.D. This Ph.D unlike regular can be done along with their Medical studies. At the end the student must submit a thesis & an extra exam (Successfully defend his/her Ph.D) then can get a Dr. Med title.
In case of foreign medical graduates, the candidate needs to apply for a Ph.D position to a medical university and do his/her Ph.D. Depending upon the field (clinical or non-clinical) a licensing is required to do Ph.D.
#5 - For how much time will the VISA be extended after 3 months and how much fee will be charged for same?
The visas will be extended till the end of the courseworks, costs will be around 100€ borne by the student.
#6 - Do I need German language knowledge for doing ICPF Med?
No, you need not. ICPF Med-participants will learn the German language from the beginning in Schwerin, Germany.
Yes. English proficiency test results needs to be provided (IELTS, PTE, Cambridge Test, Toefl etc.). This is to prove that the student is able to communicate in one foreign language without a problem. If the student also has proficiency in German (B1 level) & could speak and understand, the english results are not necessary anymore.
#7 - Accommodation- ICPF Med Students
IAS College organizes accommodations when applicants send their filled application request form at the latest two weeks before arrival in Germany to IAS College Student office.
Most of our new students will be staying at the following address (We request students to give this address for Visa purposes):
#8 - I already know German, can the ICPF MED duration be shortened?
NO. ICPF MED is not a language program, it is a One year study program with curriculum specifically designed for medical students. The curriculum cannot be shortened so all students must do this one complete year.