About Communication design
How to design communication? In short, by making exchange of information clear, understandable and ready for application. This requires the ability to think holistically and to act interdisciplinary. As a communication designer, one is able to connect the world by using media. Communication Design Bachelor studies provide its participants with everything what is required therefor.
Communication Design is a 8 semester Bachelor Program including 1 pre-year. During those 8 semester (4 years) 180 Credit Points (ECTS) can be gained. The study program will be conducted in English language at Campus Schwerin.
The Bachelor Studies cover the subjects like history of design, work scientifically, basics of arrangement and print technics, typography, interactive design processes, visualization and business administration.
After having completed their studies successfully, participants attain the degree Bachelor of Arts. The Bachelor enables them to pursue Master studies or career in Germany.
Further details about Communication design
12th class finished
Good English (IELTS 5.05 or equivalent)
Required application documents:
All application documents have to be notarized !!!
Notarized documents required, as scanned email copy (single named pdf files like CV.pdf)
- IAS – Application form
- Declaration form (I apply through…)
- Secondary Schooling or equivalent (both front & back page)
- Higher Secondary or equivalent (both front & back page)
- Photocopy of passport (front and back page)
- Extra curricular activity certificates (if any)
- Language proficiency test results (Can also be produced before admission but a must for Visa Processing) (IELTS 5.5 or above, PTE, TOEFL, GRE, Cambridge tests are also accepted) .
- German Language Certificate (If any)
- Professional passport size photo graph with good resolution (as Jpeg, Gif, PNG, Tiff etc titled)
- Complete personal details (CV, Resume) as .doc/.docx file or any other editable format.
15th Feb for Summer Semester
15th Aug for Winter Semester
-Detailed subject-oriented know – how
– Business administration and marketing processes
-Ability to create concept developments independently
-Small groups of classes
-Multi-sided and individual care boost
-Exciting future prospects
Opportunities after Bachelor in Communication Design:
Pursue Master Studies in Germany or abroad to deepen gained knowledge or directly start of career as communication designer: Advertisement, design or online agencies need such degree holder for advertisement campaigns, for analysis of target groups and consumer benefit or for creation of a corporate design-segment.
How to apply?
1. Complete the Application Form and send across the requied documents, wait for our International office to verify/proof-read your documents (1 to 2 weeks)
2. When accepted students receive Admission Acceptance-From(AAF). It has to be signed and send back to IAS via email as a scanned copy
3. Transfer Fees
5. After Skype-interview IAS sends original admission letter via email copy
6. Apply for Visa
7. Once visa issued, inform IAS student office.
Note: Flight details & accommodation request form must be given to IAS at least two weeks before arrival
Administration Office: IAS College GmbH, Maria – Goeppert – Str.1, 23562 Luebeck
Study Campus: Vitruvius University Leipzig, Designschule 1.0 GmbH, Bergstraße 38, 19055 Schwerin
FAQ - Communication design