ICPF Med for Medical Doctors from abroad

ICPF Med is a one year course offered by IAS & FHM with the objective to prepare international students for university studies in Germany. 

The course is designed for international medical doctors who have completed their Bachelors in Medicine (e.g: MBBS) or Diploma in Medicine/Surgery.

Upon successful completion of the course, students shall pursue healthcare related courses across Germany. At FHM a special Master program called MMA- Masters in Medical Administration, a highly career oriented coursework is offered.

More information

In order to get an admission to ICPF Med and MMA (after one year ICPF Med)  all documents should be sent to us (admissions@iaos.de) in proper format along with our APPLICATION FORM. It is very important that students follow these rules and send their documents in perfect order for a smooth and fast processing. Documents that are incomplete or in improper format will not be processed for admission.

Application documents in need:

School and university marksheets/degree certificates have to be notarial attested!!!

  1. ICPF/PSP application form
  2. Secondary Schooling or equivalent (both front & back page)
  3. Higher Secondary or equivalent  (both front & back page)
  4. Consolidated mark sheets from the current University or College (If coursework completed)         
  5. Individual Semesterwise Marksheets
  6. Provisional Certificate ( Note: We do not accept the course completion certificate as an equivalent) 
  7. Degree Certificate (If applicable) 
  8. Photocopy of passport (front and back page) 
  9. Extra curricular activity certificates (if any)
  10. Language proficiency test results (Can also be produced before admission but a must for Visa Processing) (IELTS 5.0 or above, PTE, TOEFL, GRE, Cambridge tests are also accepted) .
  11. German Language Certificate (If any) 
  12. Professional passport size photo graph with good resolution (as Jpeg, Gif, PNG, Tiff etc titled) 
  13. Complete personal details (CV, Resume) as .doc/.docx file or any other editable format. 
  14. Work experience Certificates (If any)
  15. Medical Registration!
  16. SOP (statement of purpose) for MMA

Upon completion of ICPF Med all our students join MMA (Masters in Medical Administration). 


- Students acquire skills related to Medical Administration

- Personal Management Skills

- German Medical Law & Regulations

- Better Career Growth

Students undergo:

- German Language C1 level

- Medical Language & Healthcare Training

- Hospital SImulations

- Hospitations (Observatoryship)

- GMK Exam Preparation


The Course fees for ICPF-Med includes the following:

- Tuition fees

- Study materials

- Examination fees

- Integration and Social Programs

- Care and Assistance

Yes, you need to. The admission letter is for ICPF-Med & upon completion then to MMA. 

ICPF Med and MMA together are consecutive studies, i.e. all students must do MMA after completion of ICPF Med.

The student must send us a Cover letter/SOP stating why he/she wants to do ICPF MED and then MMA in Germany without this letter admission will not be processed.

All foreign medical doctors need to bring their medical registration either from their home country or from the country where they completed their medical studies.

No, but observatoryships are allowed and belong to the coursework. Observatoryships in German hospitals are an important part during ICPF Med.

During MMA the students learn about branches of the German medical system, Hospital rules and regulations, about Medical Equipment, Legal Basics, documentation, data protection, Quality Management and much more. Learn more about MMA on our Blog.

Medical Doctors from abroad have to clear GMK exam, if they plan to work in a German hospital.

Now if a foreign Doctor (not WHO black listed countries) wants to do super speciality (Facharzt) in Germany or do his MD specialization then, there is only one way:

Work in a Hospital as Assistant Doctor for 6 years and then can appear for the Facharzt Exam.

To work he/she needs a Medical License. The Ministry of Health issues this only when a foreign doctor is a Registered Medical Doctor in his home country or in the country where he has completed his medical studies.

Foreign Medicine students of Indian Origin when they come back to India write FMGE exam (Foreign Medical Graduate Exam) upon passing, the MCI - Medical Council of India gives them the License to Practice.

This license is in Need or a letter stating this person is allowed to Practice in his home country or the country where he studied medicine (This again indirectly refers to registration as without registration no one can practice).

In general when a medical student in Germany wants to get a DR. Med title, he/she needs to do a Ph.D. This Ph.D unlike regular can be done along with their Medical studies. At the end the student must submit a thesis & an extra exam (Successfully defend his/her Ph.D) then can get a Dr. Med title.

Incase of foreign medical graduates, the candidate needs to apply for a Ph.D position to a medical university and do his/her phd. Depending upon the field (clinical or non-clinical) a lisencing is required to do Ph.D


All Certificates, Hourly basis of all subjects, say Anatomy 180 hrs, Physiology- 200 hrs etc. (all unis provide this), Registration from their home country or from the country of study, Police clearance certificate (not older than 6 months-meaning can be done only after reaching Germany), all translated in German (only by the Indo German chamber of commerce) & some more like City registration, Police clearance from Germany etc.

Many could be arranged only after they are here in Germany and students do have one year to arrange these documents.


The visas will be extended till the end of ICPF MED/TECH or PSP coursework, costs will be around 100€ borne by the student.

The University provides it and we provide at the end of the coursework (C1 level certification), & yes it is recognized all over Germany. Students also have internal exam for all levels, if they want to write external and get certification for each will cost 75€ per level for an exam for an attempt.

No, you need not. ICPF Med-participants will learn the German language from the beginning in Germany at FHM campus.

Do I need to prove my English Proficiency even though I studied completely in English?

Yes. English proficiency test results needs to be provided (IELTS, PTE, Cambridge Test, Toefl etc.). This is to prove that the student is able to communicate in one foreign language without a problem. If the student also has proficiency in German (B1 level) & could speak and understand, the english results are not necessary anymore.


In general, blocked account is opened in the name of the Student him/herself. The money the student deposits in it is used to cover the cost of living (food, clothes, leisure activities), accommodation, any other administrative fees etc. In general this money is to cover the everyday living cost.

Note: For PSP, for ICPF Tech and for ICPF Med a Blocked Account is necessary!

Get information on opening a Blocked Account here.

Various partners work with us in providing hostel rooms for our Students. Student hostels are available for PSP/ICPF students and they can write an email to us to request for an Accommodation. The rent ranges from 225 to 250€ and mostly are twin sharing rooms with Bathroom & Kitchen. A deposit of 2 months rent is required to be paid upfront upon taking the Hostel rooms.

Most of our new students will be staying at the following address (We request students to give this address for Visa purposes)


Wismarsche Strasse 218

19057, Schwerin


 For more information click here

NO. ICPF MED is not a language program, it is a One year study program with curriculum specifically designed for medical students. The curriculum cannot be shortened so all students must do this one complete year.

Gallery - ICPF- MED

Send Us a Message